An air fryer is a healthy cooking option available today. If you are planning to buy one for your kitchen, here’s our list of top 10 best air fryers in India reviews along with the buyer’s guide.
Air fryers in India are not that popular as compared with the other cooking appliances like microwave oven etc. but things are changing now. It is good to see people getting conscious of their health and choosing healthy cooking options. An air fryer is one such appliance that helps you satisfy your deep-fried and crunchy food desires without compromising with your health benefits.
The air frying technology has made it really possible to eat crunchy and fried food with 80 percent less oil than the conventional cooking methods, reducing extra calories and fat. As they are getting more popular due to their health benefits, the market is now flooded with lots of air fryer models from many different brands in India.
As the whole concept of air frying is pretty new in India, you may not find lots of information available about that. In case if you are new into this, you may find it difficult to choose the right air fryer for your kitchen but you don’t need to worry now. In this post, we will show you the top 10 best air fryers in India that you can buy currently.
And along with that, there’s a quick buying guide given just after the lists of best air fryers in India below and also there are some FAQs, that will help you in choosing the best air fryer as per your needs and requirements. In case if you looking for more such lists, do check our Kitchen Appliances and Kitchen Accessories category.
Why our list of best air fryers in India?
- Our list of best air fryers in India is not just based on our own opinions or on user reviews but they also based on their sales number which simply means these air fryers are the best-sellers online in the category.
- The advantage of buying a bestselling air fryer is that you actually buy an air fryer that is tried and tested. These air fryers are purchased by hundreds and thousands of users in India and they are happily using them in their kitchen.
- When you choose to buy one of the top 10 best air fryers in India listed here, you not only buy a good quality air fryer but also you will get the best value for your money. So just go ahead and buy an air fryer that Indian trusts and use.
What Are Air Fryers & How Do They Work?
Air Fryer is an amazing kitchen and cooking appliance which works on Rapid Air Technology, in other words, it uses hot air to cook the food in it which traditionally was cooked in deep oil fried. It helps to reduce the oil and in turn fat intake in our food which is really good for our health. It’s a healthy cooking alternative for deep frying.
The food to be fried is kept in the basket of the air fryer. Then the Rapid Air Technology makes the hot air circulated very rapidly around the food in the basket. This heats up the food in the basket from all sides at once, and thus the food is cooked evenly.
It’s a really healthy, fast, and easy way to prepare food. You can fry several foods like potato chips, french fries, chicken, etc in an air fryer.
Advantages Of Using An Air Fryer
There are numerous advantages of using an Air Fryer as compared to traditional ways of cooking, that’s the reason it’s getting popular these days. Here are a few of the advantages of using an air fryer for cooking.
The first and most important benefit of using air fryers in cooking is that it’s very healthy. We all know consuming oils in excess is not good for our health and we can’t control the oil in traditional ways of cooking. Here, with an air fryer, you get fried food with approximately 80% less oil in your food. This is one of the main reasons, these air fryers are getting popular these days for cooking food.
Fast & Easy
It’s really easy to fry anything using an air fryer, just put the food in the basket of the air fryer, set the timer and desired temperature level, it does the rest of the work. As the temperature increases quickly, you will get the fried food in just a couple of minutes. Thus it is very useful for the bachelor’s and also for working people.
Safe & Clean
Again it’s safe to use an air fryer, as you are not going to fry using oil in a kadhai, there is less chance of burning due to hot oil. Also, here, in this case, you don’t need to clean greasy oil from utensils after cooking the food. The air fryer is completely safe to use and anyone can use it and also it’s very easy to clean after the use.
Top 10 Best Air Fryers In India In 2021
Here’s our list of top 10 best air fryers In India that you can currently buy, we have given the direct links to these best air fryers so that you can find them easily and can buy as per your needs and requirements. Also, as we keep updating this list on a regular basis, here you will always find the best and latest air fryers currently available in the market. You can bookmark this page so that you can refer it when buying your next air fryer.
Philips Daily Collection HD9218 Air Fryer, uses up to 90% less fat, 1425W, with Rapid Air Technology (Black)
- Innovative Philips Airfryer with Rapid Air technology lets you grill, bake and even roast your favorite dishes. Voltage:220-240 V
- Cook yummy food with up to 90% less fat
- Time settings: 30 minutes timer with auto off
- Temperature control : up to 200 °C
- Cord length for easy manoeuvrability: 1.8 m
Inalsa Air Fryer Fry-Light-1400W with 4.2L Cooking Pan Capacity, Timer Selection and Fully Adjustable Temperature Control, (Black/Silver)
- Fulfil Instant Cravings, with 1400w of power, this air fryer heats up in 2-3 minutes and cooks food faster than a conventional oven so you can save money at the same time as cutting down the calories
- Quick Release Button: Pressing the release button allows you to detach your basket from the air-fryer for easy cleaning and quick serving purpose
- Intelligent Knob and Easy To Use: Rotate the knob to adjust timer and temp according to your cooking needs. Let the knobs take care of your dishes, this air fryer is not just limited to chips; you can cook-up casseroles, curries, beef, chicken breasts, sausages and even desserts
- Family Size Basket with 2.9 L Food Basket and 4.2 L Cooking Pan capacity, this air-fryer serves the whole family, It makes your cooking effortless and is suitable for every occasion
- Safety mechanism: For your safety, this appliance automatically switches off itself on basket removal. Over-heat protection has also been provided to protect against sudden overloads
Havells Prolife Grande Air Fryer with Aero Crisp Technology 1700 Watt (Black)
- Digital touch control panel
- Comes with Aero Crisp Technology which allows 360 degree air circulation
- 10 Auto preset options to cook
- LED display which indicates that cooking time & temperature has been reached
- Auto shutt off upto 60 minutes of timer automatically shutt off for precise cooking
Inalsa Digital Air Fryer 4L Nutri Fry - 1400W with Smart AirCrisp Technology| 8-Preset Menu, Touch Control & Digital Display| Variable Temperature & Timer Control, (Black)
- Oil-free fryer: Fryer with Air System Technology that with hot air at high speed and constant temperature fries with little or no oil and achieves much healthier frying, with less than 99% fat and a crispy and tasty result
- 8 preset programs: The 8 preset programs of Air Fry Digital will allow you to cook: frozen potatoes, natural potatoes, all kinds of vegetables, chicken, sausages, meat, fish, cakes and much more!
- Fully digital: Fryer with digital touch screen and very easy to use. Set time between 1 and 60 minutes and the temperature between 40 and 200ºC. It has a buzzer at the end of cooking, cold touch handle and non-slip feet
- High capacity: 4 liters of capacity that allow to make up to 900 grams of potatoes, equivalent to 5/6 servings. It has 1400W of power that ensures fast and homogeneous cooking
Inalsa Air Fryer 2.3 L Crispy Fry-1200W with Smart Rapid Air Technology, Timer Selection And Fully Adjustable Temperature Control, (Black)
- Healthy Frying: Crispy Fry uses the rapid air technology to cook healthy-low fat versions of your favourite foods, using little to no oil. 85% Oil less than traditional frying methods ; Power Consumption: 1200W; Power Requirement: 220V ; Specially design cooking pan for better cooking result Frying material steel and 30 minutes timer with end alarm Auto shut off feature
- Fast-Heating and Adjustable Temperature Control -- With 1200w of power, this air fryer heats up in 2-3 minutes and cooks food faster than a conventional oven so you can save money at the same time as cutting down the calories
- Quick Release Button: Pressing the release button allows you to detach your basket from the air-fryer for easy cleaning and quick serving purpose
- Intelligent Knob & Easy To Use: Rotate the knob to adjust timer & temp according to your cooking needs. Let the knobs take care of your dishes. This air fryer is not just limited to chips; you can cook-up casseroles, curries, beef , chicken breasts, sausages and even desserts
- Family Size Basket – This large 1.8 L capacity air-fryer serves the whole family. It makes your cooking effortless and is suitable for every occasion
Havells Air Oven Digi 1500 watt Combination of Oven Toaster Griller, Air Fryer & Dehydrator (Black)
- It is equipped with AERO crisp technology which ensures rapid air circulation in every direction ensures evenly cooked food for better crisping while retaining the maximum moisture inside
- 9 cooking auto pre set options for perfet time with adjustable temperature control
- 360 degree air circulation technology allows hot air and fan to distribute heat for quick and healthier cooking
- LED Display with digital sensor touch control panel
- Transparent toughened glass, cool touch handle and auto shut off
Koryo 2.6L Air Fryer with Digital Display, 1350W, Touch Control, Multiple Cooking Attachments: Silicon Cup Cake Moulds, Silicon Brush, Pizza Pan, Cake Barrel and Recipe Book (2.6 litres, KHF4420)
- Cook food with up to 80% less oil, With Digital Display and Touch Controls
- Suitable for Healthy Frying, Grilling, Roasting and Baking your favourite food items, 8 Preset Menu
- High Speed Air Circulation to cook food, Temperature control 80 to 200 Deg. Cel.
- 1350 Watt power, Capacity 2.6 Litres, Timer Up to 30 minutes, Auto cut-off, Indicator Light, Basket release button with cover lid, Dishwasher Safe Parts
- Cooking Attachments included – Silicon Cup Cake Moulds, Silicon Brush, Pizza Pan, Cake Barrel and Recipe Book, Warranty: 1 Year on product
Kenstar Aster Digi 1500-Watt Oxy Fryer (3.5 L, Black)
- Digital Control
- 7 Pre-sets
- Free Recipe Booklet with 100 Recipes
- Timer upto 30 mins
- Non-stick Coating Food Basket
VARADA Pro Air fryer 4.5 liter large capacity with 3D rapid hot air circulation technology with beautiful touch panel display 1500 watt power Large size Tong absolutely free (BLACK)
- 【Family Model Capacity & high power】 4.5L capacity is very suitable for families of 2-4 people or singles. The temperature range of this air fryer ranges from 80°C to 200°C. The 1500W high power and highly sealed space provide you with fast heating, which is very suitable for air frying, baking and grilling.
- Fry Tasty Meals with Less or No Oil: With VARADA's 360 degrees rapid air frying technology, you can enjoy splatter-free cooking with up to 85% less fat or oil
- Multi-functional All-In-One Healthy Fryer: That fries, roast, grill and can also bake your favorite meals; With a bonus exclusive VARADA'S recipe cookbook you'll never run out of ideas to cook for yourself or your family
- Bigger Cooking Capacity, Hassle-Free Cooking: Which means you can prepare healthier less fat/ less grease food for 2-4 persons; With Varada's easy cooking procedure and 8 cooking presets, you can do more while waiting for your food to be cooked
- Easy To Use and Safe: With auto shut off and overheat protection to protect you from the most common cooking/electronic issues; It comes with an LCD display and soft buttons which is easy to operate; Furthermore, it is easy to clean and comes with dishwasher safe accessories
Stok Air Fryer Max LED Digital Touchscreen with 8 Presets,6.5 Liter 1800-Watt Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven & Oil-Less Cooker for Roasting,(29 Recipes in one Book and Metal Grill Free in Box Package) Air Fryer
- Wattage: 1800W| Capacity: 6.5 L (6.5 liter internal Pan capacity/ 5.5 liter Basket Capacity)| Color Name: Metallic
- Material: Stainless Steel, BPA Free Food Grade Plastic| Item Dimensions: Product: 11. 8 x 11. 8 x 12. 6 in; Basket: 9 x 9 x 3. 75 in
- Included Components: 1 Air Fryer| Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturing Defect Off Site Warranty.
- Key Benefits: Cooking Timer Up To 30 Minutes With Indication Bell
- Cooking Capabilities: Roast; Grill; Bake
This was our list of 10 best air fryers that you can currently buy in India. We hope you will find one of these suitable for your cooking requirements but in case if you are not happy with our list above or if you want more options, just search here. You will find hundreds of more air fryers that are best in the category, you can choose after comparing their features and specifications along with the pricing. Also, you can gro through the user reviews before making your buying decision.
Quick Guide – Buying An Air Fryer
The concept of air frying technology is pretty new in India and that’s the reason the air fryers are not that popular yet. You need to know some important things before buying an air fryer or else you may waste your money by choosing the wrong model. Though air fryers do not cost very high still they don’t come that cheap, you need to be careful of a few things. No, worries, it’s not rocket science, we will help you. Here’s our quick buying guide that will help you in buying one of the best air fryers in India.
Types of Air Fryer
Though the working functionality of all types of air fryers are more or less same, there are different types of air fryers you can find in the market. Air fryers circulates hot air inside it to cook the food, which is same in types of air fryers available in India, most of the air fryers differ in terms of shape and have some extra funtionality.
The most common type of air fryer that you can find in the market is the round or egg-shaped air fryer, which is also known as a basket-type air fryer. They are so popular because their design and functionality are best suited for Indian households. You can find this type of air fryer in both, round and square shape.
Size of The Air Fryer
Air fryers do come in different sizes, you can find the air fryers as small as 1 liter, and also you can find the air fryers as big as 16 liters or even more. While the smaller sizes are suitable for bachelors and small families, the large size air fryers are best suitable for medium or large size families or for industrial usages.
Choose the air fryer as per your family needs and requirements. If you choose the smaller 1 liter capacity air fryer, it can give you 1-2 serving for one person, while the larger one of 6 liter capacity can cook 6-8 serving at a time. If you buy the smaller one, you need to cook multiple times and if you buy the oversize, it may just consume more power.
Build and Design
Build and design does matter when buying one of the best air fryers in India. Though when you buy a good quality air fryer from our list of recommendations, you will get the best build quality. The design is a personal preference, so you can go with the design that you feel comfortable for your daily use in the kitchen.
When it comes to the style of operation, generally you will find two types of air fryers in India. An air fryer that comes with “Pull Out Drawer” is easy to operate and is a bit safe also, as the heating elements are not exposed but they mostly come in small sizes. The one that comes with “Flip-Top” only comes with the large sizes.
You need to check the functionality of the air fryer as well before making your decision. Some of the air fryer models come with the self-rotating functionality, they use a paddle that can rotate the content of the basket or the basket itself. With the air fryers that do not have self-rotating functionality, you have to do this manually.
Two other main functions that are common in all the air fryers are timer and temperature control. These two functionality controls the whole cooking process inside the air fryer. With the temperature control, you can set the desired temperature required, and then you can set the timer, the time required for cooking the food.
When it comes to the controls, you get the two options, either you can go with an air fryer that has digital control or else you can choose an air fryer that comes with the manual control. Manual controls are for those who do not want to get into the technology etc. they can control the things manually while cooking in the air fryer.
The advanced air fryers come with the digital controls, they might be a bit expensive but the timer and the temperature that you set will be accurate. We suggest if your budget allows and if you can deal with the tech part, go with the air fryer that comes with the digital controls. There are some models that come with a mix of both types of controls.
You need to choose the air fryer as per your needs and requirements. The power consumption of the air fryer defines its efficiency. Most of the air fryers in India come with the power consumption of 1200 Watts to 2100 Watts. The air fryer that comes with low power consumption can generate 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the air fryers that come with high power consumption can generate temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Of course, the one that consumes more power will increase your electricity bill but do note that it will also cook the food fast.
The newest air fryer models come with lots of safety features. These safety features not only prevents you from any accidental damage but also prevents the food inside it from getting burnt. The common safety feature that you will find in most air fryers are automatic shut off feature, safety button that prevents the basket from falling off when taking out the food, and cool-touch handles, etc.
Price, Brand & Warranty
Air fryers range from rupees 3000 to 5000 or even above in the Indian market. You can easily get a good quality air fryer in your budget but if you are looking for all the modern features and functionality, you may need to spend a bit high. We always recommend that you buy an air fryer from one of the top air fryer brands in India.
We have only listed above the best air fryers from the top brands in India that you can choose as per your cooking requirements. When you buy it from a trusted air fryer brand, you will get the warranty as well, having with a warranty, you can use the air fryer for many years and if you face any issue, the brand will provide you service.
Air Fryer VS Microwave Oven
Many people think that the air fryer and the microwave oven works in the same way and they can be used as an alternative to each other, but they are completely wrong. Though both the appliances are used for cooking in the kitchen and sometimes the same food can be cooked in both the appliances and they may even taste the same, the functioning of both these appliances are completely different.
The main difference between air fryers and microwaves is the heating method. Microwave ovens produce microwaves while air fryers use convection heating. The microwave oven produces microwaves that vibrate the water molecules in the food and they create heat that cooks the food. An air fryer contains a heating coil and there is a fan that blows the heat inside to evenly cook the food inside the frying basket.
Both these appliances have their benefits in cooking. For example, air fryers sometimes take longer to cook food while microwaves cook food incredibly quickly. While microwaves cook quickly, the food sometimes loses some of its flavors. With an air fryer, you can enjoy crispy, flavorful food without losing health benefits.
How to Use an Air Fryer (Some Useful Tips)
It’s highly recommended that you go through the user manual before using the air fryer for the first time. In case if you are new to the air fryer, here are some useful tips on how to use an air fryer, these will come handy while you are cooking.
Pre-Heat for Even Cooking
Though it’s not mandatory that you preheat the air fryer but if you do so, it will help you in even cooking of the food. Most people forget to preheat the air fryer and then they complain that the air fryer does not cook food properly. Many air fryers come with this feature where you can preheat with one click but in case if your air fryer does not have this feature, you can simply pre-heat it for 2-3 minutes before putting the food basket in it, do check the user manual before pre-heating or using the air fryer.
Add Some Oil For Extra Crunch
Adding some oil on food can make it crunchier, though the fatty foods like chicken, fish may not require adding oil on it. You can add a few drops of oil on dry foods and vegetables for extra crunch. Also, do not forget to grease the air fryer basket with some oil, this will prevent the food from getting stuck in between the basket grill and it will be easier for you to clean the air fryer basket. It’s a simple but very useful tip.
Shake The Food Basket
Sometimes while cooking in the air fryer, it’s better to shake the food inside it once in a few minutes for even cooking. Though some food may not require this step, there are some food items that if you shake will cook properly and evenly, you can do this when cooking chicken, mutton, etc. Also if shaking is not working, you can flip the foods with some spatula, you will see the difference in cooking. Don’t worry, once you open the food basket, the air fryer will stop and then will resume again when you place it.
Avoid Over-Loading The Basket
If you place lots of food items in the basket without the proper space in between them, the food may not cook properly. For even cooking, it’s important that you keep some distance between the food items in the basket. If required, you can cook the food items in the batches. Also, it is not suggested to cook the small and the large food items together, the small items will be cooked faster and then they may burn.
Adjust The Temperature Properly
Setting the right temperature and the timer is very important while cooking in the air fryer, for this, you can refer the user manual that comes with the air fryer. If you are not sure at what temperature you should cook a particular dish, keep checking the food, and then you will get the idea and you can set the same temperature in the future when cooking the same food again. Also, you can keep adjusting the temperature as per your cooking needs and requirements and depending on the food.
Air Fryers Buying FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some of the most common and frequently asked questions about air fryers that many people ask while making the decision to buy an air fryer for their kitchen. We compiled some of those common questions and answered them here to help you and all our users in making an informed decision while purchasing one of the best air fryers in India, do check the FAQs, it will help you too as well.
Which is the best air fryer in India?
There are so many good air fryers available today from different brands, it just depends on your needs and requirements. Though it’s practically impossible to pick a single one, you can check our list of top 10 best air fryers in India given above.
Which are the best air fryer brands in India?
Thankfully, today you get so many good air fryer brands that you can choose from. Philips, Inalsa, Havells, Kenstar, Kent, and Wonderchef are some of the top air fryer brands you can go with when buying the best air fryer for your kitchen in India.
Are air fryers safe?
Yes, air fryers are completely safe for cooking. You don’t need to worry about food getting overcooked or losing the nutritional value of the food. You just need to put the food in it and set the right temperature and timer, the air fryer will do the rest.
Do air fryers use oil in cooking?
Yes, you still need to use oil in cooking with an air fryer but it requires extremely less oil in cooking and that will not cause any harm to health. You can cook with 80% less oil in the air fryer as compared with the traditional deep fry cooking.
Which oil should be used in the air fryer?
The oil that you use in the air fryer should have a very high smoking point because the temperature inside the air fryer can go very high. For better health benefits, you can use extra virgin oil, though the air fryer uses a very limited amount of oil.
Why does an air fryer create so much smoke?
Generally, the fatty food when cooked inside the air fryer causes the formation of smoke inside the air fryer, there is nothing to worry about it. To counter this, you can put little water into the drawer under the cooking basket when cooking fatty foods.
How to cool down the air fryer faster after use?
An air fryer cools down automatically after you switch it off, you don’t need to make any extra effort. But, in case if you are in hurry and want to make it cool quickly, simply take out the basket/pan from the fryer, you will see it getting cool faster.
What types of foods can I prepare in the air fryer?
Air fryers can be used to prepare a wide range of food items that usually require deep-fries like nuggets, fish, chicken, mutton and prawns grills, battered foods, and roasting of vegetables. Most of the common fried items can be made using the air fryer.
How much time an air fryer takes to cook the frozen food?
Cooking the frozen food in the air fryer usually takes some more time than cooking normal food. First, you need to set the timer for 2-5 minutes to warm up the food and then you need to set the timer again depending on the food for cooking.
Is it required to preheat the Air Fryer before cooking in it?
It’s not required to preheat the air fryer but in case of frozen foods or if you want to cook something faster, you can preheat for 2-3 minutes before putting the food in the air fryer. It’s always recommended that you go through the user manual before using it.
How to set the temperature, when my cooking own recipes?
It’s very simple, the temperature depends on the types of flame you use to cook the same food on a regular gas stove. Dishes that you cook on low flame, set the temperature 130 or 140 degrees, the dishes that require a medium flame, you can set the temperate of 160 or 170 degrees, and the dishes that you cook on a very high flame, like deep frying or tandoori, you can set the temperature as 200 degrees.
How is air fryer better than a deep fryer?
While deep frying, you need to use lots of oil and the food absorbs a very high amount of that. We all know that consuming lots of oil is not good for our health. With the help of an air fryer, you can cook the same food with 80% less oil as compared with the deep fryer.
Do air fryers cause cancer?
This is just a myth, the air fryers do not cause cancer, or else the government would have banned that. In fact, cooking in the air fryer have lots of health benefits as compared with the traditional way of cooking. You can use an air fryer without any worry.
How to clean the air fryer?
It’s not just easy to cook in the air fryer buy It’s also very easy to clean the air fryer as well. Take out the basket from the air fryer and remove all the detachable parts and clean it, you can clean the inside with a cloth, read the user manual properly.
Is it safe to buy air fryer online in India?
Yes, it’s completely safe to buy air fryer online in India, provided you buy it from a trusted online store. You will get lots of models online that you may not find in a local store and also you may get better pricing and discounts when you buy it online
If you love fried foods and do not want to compromise with your health then air fryers are the best solution available for you. We all know, eating lots of oil is not good for our health, with the traditional way of frying the food, lots of oil get into the food and when we eat that food, we get fat too which in turn increases our weight as well.
It takes very little oil (negligible) to cook the fried food in the air fryer which makes the food health and also the food does not lose its nutrition values. In India, you can easily find different types of air fryers available in the market but the trick here is to choose the right air fryer as per your cooking needs and family requirements.
Now that we have come to the end of this guide and our list of top 10 best air fryers in India, we hope that you have got all the details and information that you need to make your decision while buying the best air fryer for your kitchen in India. Obviously, you can choose from our list or you can refer our buying guide.
Last update on 2021-04-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API