Are you planning to buy a ceiling fan and looking for the best? Check our list of top 10 best ceiling fans in India reviews and the detailed buying guide.
Wheather its summer or any other season, we definitely need a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans are one of the most used appliances in Indian homes during all seasons. It won’t be wrong if we say an Indian house is incomplete without a ceiling fan. Even if you have a cooler or air conditioner, ceiling fans have their own advantages, as ceiling fans can be used in every season whereas coolers or ACs cannot be used in monsoons or winters.
The good thing about a ceiling fan is that it does not take space inside your house. Even in winters when there is no use of ceiling fans, you can keep it hanging whereas for coolers when there is no use, you need to find someplace in your house to keep that. Though, it’s not difficult to buy a ceiling fan as there are so many options available in the market; still, if you choose the right ceiling fan you can use it for years.
Here we have hand-picked the Top 10 Best Ceiling Fans In India for 2020 that you can easily choose and buy currently. In case if you are looking for other types of fans, Here we have the list of Best Table fans in India, Best Pedestal Fans in India, Best Designer Fans in India and Best Exhaust Fans in India. Also, check our category AC, Cooler & Fans for more cooling products (appliances) for your house.
Why our list of best ceiling fans in India?
- Our list of best ceiling fans in India is not just based on our personal opinions or on user reviews. We have handpicked the ceiling fans based on their sales number, these are also the best-selling ceiling fans online in India currently.
- What does it mean to be the best-seller ceiling fans in India? It simply means these ceiling fans are purchased and being used in hundreds and thousands of houses in India. These are the battle-tested ceiling fans that you can buy with confidence.
- Also, as we keep updating this list on a regular basis, here you will always find the latest and best ceiling fans currently available in India. You can bookmark this page so that you can come back here when you need to buy a new ceiling fan.
- When you choose to buy any of these best ceiling fans in India, you get the quality fan that you can use for many years and also you will get the best value for your money. So go ahead and buy one of the best ceiling fans that India trusts.
Along with the list of best ceiling fans in India, we have also given a quick buying guide at the end of the post that will help you pick the best option currently available in the Indian market. Also, we have answered some of the FAQs that will clear all your doubts when buying the ceiling fan. So do read the post till the end.
Typical Ceiling Fans
Ceiling fans as its name; is made for hanging on the ceilings, It usually has three or four blades and comes in different sizes. So you can choose one of the best ceiling fans in India as per your room size, even if you have a small storeroom, you can get ceiling fans for that. In a typical case, a ceiling fan box includes a motor part, blades, a hanging rod, and few screws that are used to assemble and hang the ceiling fan.
These days most of the companies are not including regulators that control the speed of the ceiling fan, as switchboards in our house already have ceiling fan regulators. In case if you do not already have a ceiling fan regulator, you need to buy one from a local electric store and it should not cost more than 100 Rupees. Also, it does not require technical expertise to install a ceiling fan, you can do it yourself or else you can take the help of a local electrician to install the ceiling fan in your room.
Top 3 Best Ceiling Fans Of 2020
In case if you are in hurry and want to quickly choose and buy the best ceiling fan without going through all the detailed reviews. Here’s our top 3 pick that you can choose from. These are the 3 best ceiling fans that you can bring home in India, you won’t be disappointed as these fans are being used in thousands of houses in India. If you want to check the detailed review and our ceiling fan buying guide, just scroll down a bit.
Top 10 Best Ceiling Fans In India 2020
So, here we go with our list of top 10 best ceiling fans in India that you can currently buy. If you were confused and was looking for the best guide that could help you in making the right decision when buying the ceiling fans for your house, your search ends here. Also, with the specifications of the fans, we have also given direct links to the e-commerce store so that you can check the price and can go through the user reviews and then you can take your buying decision. We suggest bookmarking this page so that you can come back here at any time when you need to buy a new ceiling fan for your house.
Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Brown)
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact at 
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches); Super reliable and efficient copper motor; Motor Speed:370rpm
- Simple design for simple lifestyle; Number of Poles: 12 ; Power Consumption (in Watts): 40 ; Number of Speed Setting: 5
- Power consumption: 78 Watts; Comes in brown and white color options; Inverter compatible
- Air Delivery: 200 m3/min; Service Value: 2.5 CMM/Watt; Bottom Cover material: Aluminium
Crompton Hill Briz 48-inch Ceiling Fan (Brown)
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact at 18004190505
- Sweep- 1200 mm (48 Inches)
- Customer Service Number :18004190505
- Bearing: Double ball bearing
- Number of Blades: 3
Luminous Dhoom 1200mm 70-Watt High Speed Ceiling Fan (White)
- Blade Size: 1200 mm; Fan Speed: 380 RPM; Air Delivery: 220 CMM
- Design: Non-corrosive high-grade aluminum motor body and blades along with pure electrolytic grade copper windings wire on motor ensures longer life of the product
- Number of Blades: 3 wider blades that ensures a wider conical spread of breeze in all corners of room
- Motor: High-speed motor produces a high-speed of rotation and ensures better heat dissipation
- Power Consumption: 70 Watts; Operating Voltage: 220V - 240V
Amazon Brand - Solimo Swirl 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Brown)
- 380 rpm high speed fan that delivers cool air across the room
- Wide blades with a sweep of 1200 mm (48 inches) that has an air delivery of 200 m3/min
- Warranty: 2 years limited warranty. To claim it, please contact_us on: [1800-419-0416]
- Power: 66 watts; Operating Voltage: 230 Volts; Number of blades: 3
- Energy efficient with low power consumption
Crompton Sea Wind 48-inch Ceiling Fan (Opal White)
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries contact_us on: [ 18004190505 ]
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches)
- Customer Service Number :18004190505
- Experience a cool, breezy atmosphere, Air Delivery (cu.mtr/min): 200
- Simple design for simple lifestyles
Luminous 1200MM New York Brooklyn 3 Blade Ceiling Fan (Ale Brown)
- Smooth and easy to maintain New York Brooklyn ceiling fan has premium quality lamination for a secure & stable environment.
- Monochrome blend of this signature fan is inspired by the subtle contrasts within downtown Brooklyn.
- This signature fan fetches high air delivery of 230 cmm & its wider blades fetch better air thrust.
- It has metallized lustrous centerpiece extending to its highly efficient blades.
- The 1200 mm ceiling fan with wide tip blades fetch high air delivery and spread.
Candes Star 1200mm /48 inch High Speed Anti-dust Decorative Ceiling Fan (100% Copper) 400 RPM Coffee Brown With 3 Years Warranty
- 100% Copper Winding, Meta Finish Looks Superb Performance, BEE 5 Star Rating Star Fan
- Sta-tor High Prom which reduce electrical Loses. Thus save energy.
- elegant Contemporary Design, Metallic Finish Paint. High Carbon Steel Bearing, 400 RPM High Speed
- 2+1 Years manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase
- On site Service at Delhi-NCR, Eastern UP, J&K, UK, & MP. For others, the customer has to bring the product at our nearest service center. Customer Care No. 9310217042
Activa Apsra 390 RPM High Speed 1200 MM Sweep BEE Approved 5 Star Ceiling Fan- White with 2 Year Warranty
- Heavy crc stamping to enhance the life of the fan.
- Exclusive With High Flow Technology
- Aero Dynamically Designed Balanced Blades, Max Speed (RPM) : 390
- Bee approved 5 star rated minimize your electricity bill.
- Box Contains: Fan Motor, Blade Set, Canopy Set, Downroad and Shackle, Manufactured Under The Guidance Of Highly Qualified Engineers To Ensure The Life Of Product, For Help Or Guidance Call On Our CC 9999427599, Note: Self Installation and product will be repaired in our service center.
Havells Leganza 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Bronze and Gold)
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact at 18001031313
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches)
- Metallic paint finish
- Customer service number: 18001031313
- Superior air delivery
Bajaj Maxima 600 mm Ceiling Fan (Brown)
- Brand does not provide installation support for this product. For other issues please contact_us on:[1800-102-5963]
- Sweep : 600mm, Power : 66W, Air Delivery : 110CMM ,High Speed : Provides 870 RPM ; Rated Power (Watts): 66 ; Speed Settings: 3
- Double Ball Bearing : Increases load bearing capacity and durability ,Quick-start High Torque Motor : Provides instant comfort by achieving high performance quickly
- Warranty : 2 years on product,High speed fan with sleek and modern looks,Automatic winding to ensure consistent quality and greater reliability
- High air delivery even at low voltages,Superior ball bearing gives whisper quiet operation and longer life,Superior grade electric steel lamination for longer life and low power consumption
These were our hand-picked list of 10 best ceiling fans in India that you can currently buy. We have included here the fans with different numbers of blades and sizes so that you can choose as per your needs and requirements. We hope you will find one of these fans suitable for your house. In case if it does not match your requirements or if you want more options, just search here. We will show you hundreds of more ceiling fans that are best in the category, you can compare the features, specifications, and pricing before making your decision when buying one of the best ceiling fans in India.
Best You Can Expect From These Ceiling Fans In India
As the summer started, it’s the right time to buy a ceiling fan now. Although the demand for Air Conditioners and Air Coolers is increasing, Ceiling fans have their own advantages over the other, It’s affordable, Consumes less electricity and easily lasts for 4-5 years. We are sure you can find good ceiling fans in your budget in our list above.
You can expect a high-quality performance and great features in these ceiling fans which a basic ceiling fan should have. Also, As the best ceiling fans listed here are from the top ceiling fans manufacturing companies, it will last for many years. Also, you will get a minimum of one year warranty and good after-sale service. These ceiling fans are top-rated and being used by thousands of users in India.
Quick Guide When Buying The Best Ceiling Fans In India
First, it seems like buying one of the best ceiling fans in India is quite easy but it’s not like that, you need to know few things before you buy a ceiling fan so that you could choose the right ceiling fan for your house that will last for many years. Here are some of the things that you should look for when you go to buy a ceiling fan for your house.
Fan Blades (Numbers & Size)
These days you get the ceiling fans with the different number of blades, the most common ceiling fans used in the houses have 3 blades. There are other models that have 2, 3, 4 or even 5 blades. For general requirements, you can also choose the ceiling fans with 3 blades or else you can choose the one considering your requirements.
The size of the blades depends on your room size; if the size of your room is big, you should choose the ceiling fans with large size blades and if space is less you can go with the smaller blade size. Generally, use a 52-inch fan for up to a 400-square-feet room, a 44-inch fan for up to 225 square feet, and a 42-inch fan for up to 144 square feet. For even bigger rooms use two or more fans as per your needs.
Another important thing that you need to consider when buying one of the best ceiling fans in India or in fact any electric appliances is the energy rating. Ceiling fans usually do not consume much electricity and thus you may not find standard energy ratings for ceiling fans, which you usually find in large electric appliances.
But, you can look for power consumption, the power consumption is usually given in the specification and/or on the box itself. Most of the ceiling fans will have energy consumption around 70-80 watt. Higher energy consumption it will give you more air but also it will consume more electricity, you can choose the one as per your needs.
The fan motor is the most important part of the ceiling fan. The quality of the fan motor will determine how long the ceiling fan will work perfectly without having any major issue. The fan motor also has the copper coil inside it which is responsible for the rotation of the blades. The good quality fan motor will not only give you a long life to the ceiling fan but also it will give you more air as it will have higher RPM (motor speed).
For a common person, the technical specifications of the ceiling fan do not make any sense. No worries, we won’t take you deep inside to explain to you everything here but one important thing that actually matters here is “cubic feet of airflow per minute”. The cubic feet of airflow per minute determine the wind chill effect that makes people feel cool. With the higher CPM, it will have a bigger motor and will consume more energy. For best results and optimum performance, choose the ceiling fan with at least 6000 – 7000 CFM.
We have seen the common ceiling fans that are controlled with the help of the physical regulator, which might be more than enough for many people. But, these days you also get ceiling fans that come with the remote control so that you can control the speed of the fan or even switch off and on with the help of the remote control sitting at your place.
Also, as the smart IoT devices getting popular these days, you also get the ceiling fans that have all the smart features. You can control the ceiling fans with the voice commands. These smart and advanced features are good but do note they come with additional cost to you. So, you can choose as per your requirements.
Design & Finishing
One of the most important factors that we all check when buying one of the best ceiling fans in India is the design, color, and finishing of the ceiling fans. The ceiling fans come with different types of designs that you can choose as per the interior of your room. You will get so many color options that you can choose from. The most common colors you will get are white, brown and black. Also, you can check the overall finishing too.
The modern-day ceiling fans come with many additional features. So, if you are planning to buy the best ceiling fans in India for your home and offices, you can look for these additional features. Though for the general-purpose you may not need these features and also it adds to the costing but some of the features like lighting, auto on-off are really welcomed if it comes in the budget.
When buying one of the best ceiling fans in India, the budget also matters. You can get the ceiling fans in a budget range of 1200 INR to 6000 INR and even above that. The designer fans that come with many advanced features cost a lot higher. But, if you are looking for general-purpose use, you can get a good quality ceiling fan around 1200-2000 INR. It all depends on your requirements and budget so choose wisely.
The ceiling fan should be easy to install so that if needed you can install it yourself, though we suggesting getting the help from an electrician. A ceiling fan should be hanged at least 1 foot from the top and it should be at a distance of at least 2 feet from the side walls. Also, make sure it’s not reachable while raising hands, As in that case there could be a chance of accidentally touching the fans in action and getting hurt.
Brand & Warranty
The last but not least, we don’t replace ceiling fans very often and in most of the cases, we expect the ceiling fans to last for 2-3 years. We highly recommend that you buy the branded ceiling fans so that you can use it for many years without facing any major issue. Also, when you buy a branded ceiling fan, you will get 1-2 years of the standard warranty so if there is any fault, you can get your fan repaired for free.
Best Ceiling Fan Brands In India
Now, that you already know what all you need to consider when you plan to buy a new ceiling fan for your house. One of the things that we discussed is the brand. Here are the top ceiling fan brands in India that many people trust and you can also consider them when buying one of the best ceiling fans in India for your house.
Orient Electric Limited is one of the most trusted names in the Indian market when it comes to ceiling fans manufacturing and selling. Having been in the market for many years, they are one of the best ceiling fan brands in India that you can consider.
Crompton again is one of the most renowned ceiling fan manufacturing companies. They have also been in the market for many years and have thousands of dealers and stores across India. You can easily buy Crompton ceiling fans in most of the cities in India.
If we specifically talk about the Indian market, Bajaj needs no introduction. Everyone knows Bajaj, they manufacture and sell many household electric appliances and they are are so popular even in the remote part of the country. You won’t go wrong when you choose any of their products in India including the ceiling fans.
Havells ceiling fans and many other household electric appliances and products are part of our daily life. They are one of the well-known names in the ceiling fan industry having hundreds and thousands of dealers selling their ceiling fans across India.
Usha; again needs no introduction for Indian consumers. Usha is indeed the most popular ceiling fan company in India. Even in the remote part of the country, people trust Usha more than any other brand. Thus, you can easily find their ceiling fans in every house. Also, you can buy Usha ceiling fans at every nearby store even in the villages.
Luminous is again a very innovative company, their innovation and technology can be seen in all of their products from inverters to batteries to ceiling fans, they do not need any introductions. You can definitely choose their best ceiling fans in India.
How To Clean Ceiling Fans In Your House?
It’s not just buying the best ceiling fans in India is important but also you need to clean your ceiling fan so that you can get more air and better cooling. Also, regular cleaning of the ceiling fans increases its life. Here’s a quick video that will guide you on how you can clean your ceiling fans yourself in just few minutes.
FAQs – When Buying The Best Ceiling Fans In India
Here are some of the most common and frequently asked questions that many people have when they plan to buy one of the best ceiling fans in India. We thought to cover these questions here to help you and all our other users making the right decision when buying the best ceiling fans in India. We hope these FAQs will be helpful to you as well.
Which are the best ceiling fans in India that I can currently buy?
different people have different requirements and also there are so many models from different brands in India. Thus, it’s not possible to pick a single model that suits everyone, that’s the reason we have listed here the top 10 best ceiling fans in India.
What are the best ceiling fan brands that I should consider in India?
There are many good ceiling fan brands and companies in India. Usha, Bajaj, Luminous, Havells, Crompton and Orient are some of the most tested ceiling fan brands in India. We have included the best ceiling fans in India from these brands only.
Can I use a different size of blades to replace the original ones?
No, you can use a different sized blade with the ceiling fans. It is highly recommended that you only use the blades that come along with the ceiling fans. And, if it is essentially required to replace the blade, replace it with the same sized fan blades.
Do the ceiling fans come with a regulator?
Earlier the ceiling fans used to come with the regulator inside the box. But, you won’t find the regulator in the box now with most of the brands now (almost all). You need to buy a regulator separately and it should cost you around 100 Rupees.
What is the difference between 3, 4 and 5 bladed fans?
There is not much difference between the fans having different numbers of blades. generally with the increasing number of blades, it has got a bigger motor and consumes more energy. For a normal room, a ceiling fan with 3 blades is enough.
What is the ideal size of the fan that I should purchase?
The size of the ceiling fan actually depends on the size of your room. If the room size is small you can consider a smaller ceiling fan and for large-sized rooms, the bigger ceiling fans. For a normal room size, the ceiling fan with 34-48 inches blades is enough.
How to choose the best ceiling fans that consume low power?
If power consumption is something you are concerned about, you should choose a ceiling fan that is more energy-efficient. The power consumption is mostly mentioned in the specification or in the box itself, choose the ceiling fan that consumes less energy.
What is considered to be a good airflow for a ceiling fan?
The CFM of the ceiling fan varies depending on the motor power and capacity. There are some ceiling fans that have very high CFM and some with very low CFM. The good CFM range that you can get with the best ceiling fans in India is around 4000-6000.
What is the warranty companies provide on ceiling fans in India?
When you buy a ceiling fan from one of the best ceiling fan brands in India, you will get a standard 1-2 years of warranty on the ceiling fans. During this time if your ceiling fans stop working you can get it repaired for free (or maybe replacement if not possible to repair).
Is it safe and good to buy ceiling fans online in India?
Yes, it’s completely safe to buy ceiling fans online in India provided you buy it from a trusted online store. And, also it’s good to go online if you are looking for one of the best ceiling fans in India, you will get more options and better pricing and discount as well.
Summer has already started in India so if you were planning to buy a ceiling fan, this is the high time you can buy one of the best ceiling fans in India. You can choose from our list above that only includes the top 10 best selling ceiling fans in India or else you can do a bit of research yourself with the help of our buying guide.
Now that we have come to the end of this guide, we hope that you have got all the details and information that you need so that you can make an informed decision when buying one of the best ceiling fans in India for your home or office use. If you find this post useful, do share the post with your friends on social networks too so that they can also make the right decision and can buy the right ceiling fans for their home and offices.
Last update on 2020-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API