Searching for the best inverter for home use in India? Here’s our list of top 10 best inverters in India, read our reviews along with the quick buying guide.
The power supply is not that good in most part of the country especially during the summers when 2-4 hours of a power cut is very common in most of the cities. The situation is even worse in rural parts especially in small cities and villages in India, where during the peak season i.e. in summers and during monsoon the power cut goes up to 8-12 hours a day. Thus in these cases, the need for a reliable power backup becomes inevitable.
For commercial places, such as in offices or in shopping complexes you can use the electric generators. But for home usage, that is not a viable solution. So, what’s the option? Inverters are the preferred choice for the home usages.
However, choosing and buying one of the best inverters in India could be a difficult and head-scratching task, especially if you are buying it for the first time. If you are also facing this dilemma, you don’t have to worry now. Here in this post, we will not only bring you the top 10 best inverters that you can currently buy in India but also we will help you choose the best inverter from the list with our buying guide and quick FAQs.
Why Our List of Best Inverters In India?
- Our list of best inverters is not just based not personal opinions or users reviews but they are directly based on the number of sales. Which means the inverters listed here are also the best-sellers online in India.
- Being the bestselling inverters means these inverters have purchased and being used in hundreds of houses in India. These are the tried, tested and most popular inverters in India. You can check their reviews as well.
- When you buy an inverter listed here, you actually buy a quality inverter that gives you the best performance and the best value for your money. So, if you want to bring home an inverter, go ahead and buy an inverter that India trusts.
Inverters are one of the very essential household appliances. Having an inverter in your home, you won’t need to panic when there is a power cut during the night. It will power up the lights and fans in your house. In case, even if the power cut is not that frequent in your locality, you should still have an inverter installed in your house. Also, do check our home and kitchen category for more related products and guides.
How Inverters Work & It’s Usages
The role of the inverter is to convert the DC current (energy) stored in the battery to AC current and supply that to the different home appliances. It also helps in charging the battery when the battery gets drained out.
This is how it exactly works; when the electric supply is there it charges the battery and also it stops the charging the battery is fully charged. And, when there is the power cut, the inverter starts working, it converts the battery power to AC (which is what used to power the most of the home appliances) and supplies the power to the home appliances it is connected with; in almost zero downtime without you need to switch on anything.
Talking about its usages, inverters are really very useful in those areas where there are frequent power cuts. It helps you power up lights during the night so that you can complete all your house works like cooking etc. Also, it can easily power up the fans so it won’t break your sleep even if there is a power cut for some time. There are so many usages of having an inverter installed in your house, you only come to know its importance when there is a power cut in your locality.
Inverters Buying Guide In India
There’s not rocket science in buying an inverter. There are only a few things that you need to consider when buying one of the best inverters in India. Here’s the quick buying guide that covers all the point you need to consider when buying an inverter.
There are some of the products where you need to take the brand seriously, an inverter is one of such products. When buying the best inverter in India make sure you buy it from a well known and trusted inverter brand. With a trusted brand you get the best inverter that gives you the best performance for years and also these brands are known for good after-sale services. So, always buy an inverter from the trusted well-known brand.
Most inverters work in similar ways and they last for years. But the impost important thing that you need to consider while buying one f the best inverters in India is the battery. Inverter Battery is the most important part of the inverter. An inverter can only supply you the energy which it gets from the battery. Also, if you do not have a good quality battery, you may need to replace it after every couple of years.
When buying such appliances, another most important thing that you need to consider is the warranty. Usually, with inverters, you get the 2 years of on-site warranty with most of the popular brands in India. Do check the warranty terms carefully. If you are also buying the battery along with the inverter, check battery warranty as well, it should be at least 1 year with most of the popular brands.
Top 10 Best Inverters In India 2021
Now, let’s see our list of best inverters in India. As we keep updating the list here on a regular basis, you will always get the best and latest inverters here on this page. You should bookmark this page so that you can come back anytime when you need to buy an inverter for your home. Here are the Top 10 Inverters in India.
- Maximum bulb load - 756 watt, capacity – 900 VA; Running Load :- 3 CFL, 3 Tube light, 3 Ceiling Fan, 1 Television, 1 air Cooler
- Automatic temperature control via fan.Input Frequency 50
- Protection: Overload, deep discharge, short-circuit, Reverse polarity & Input mains protection through MCB.
- Package Contains : 12V Sine Wave Home UPS
- Batteries supported : Single Battery of 12V. Range Name : Cruze
- Material: Metal, Color: Black; MCB for protection from Input mains
- [Zelio+ 1100 Inverter] Inverter Capacity: 12 Volt, 900VA; Max. Bulb Load: 756 watt; Inverter Type: Pure Sine wave inverter
- Display: Digital display; Processor: Intelligent 32 bit DSP Processor
- Safety: MCB for protection from Input main
- Energy efficient; Digital display; Voltage Range Selection Switch
- Rated Capacity 800 VA; Output Power 672 Watts; Waveform Pure Sinewave
- Input Voltage (Standard range) 100 V -300 V; Efficiency > 84%; Charging Current (Standard) 10 Amps
- Technical Specifications: VA Rating: 700VA/12V; Peak Load: 560W; Output Voltage: 200- 220V (inverter mode)
- Inverter Type: Pure sine wave output ensuring the safety of your appliances
- Fast Charging – Full Charging current at low input voltage which reduces battery charging time. Ideal for areas with low voltage issues or frequent power cuts.
- APPLICATION: Inverter ACs up to 1.5 Ton; CAPACITY: 12 A; COLOUR: White
- DISPLAY: 3-Digit White Seven Segment Indicator; WIDE INPUT VOLTAGE CUT-OFF: 170 VAC (Min) - 270 VAC (Max); REGULATED OUTPUT VOLTAGE
- FEATURES: Surge Protection, Intelligent Time Delay System (ITDS) for ensuring proper safety net for the AC Compressor, White ABS Cabinet with Wall Mounting Facility, Advanced Micro-Controller based Design for better input voltage correction, Built-in Thermal Overload Protection for preventing appliance burn out, EMI Filter Enabled for suppressing electro magnetic waves & safeguards connected devices, Fail Safe Circuit Design, Low & High Voltage Cut-off
- In-Built Bypass Switch and Intelli Battery Gravity Management Technology.
- Rated Capacity : 725 VA; Output Power :580 Watts; Waveform : Pure Sinewave
- Charging Current (Standard) 10 Amps; Hybrid Technology for Noiseless and Better Performance; Battery Charging Current Selection Switch.
- Output Power : 640 Watts (Appox.)
- Battery : 1 Battery System (12 VDC)
- Warranty : 2 Years
- Input voltage (standard range) 100 v - 300 v; Charging Current (Standard) : 10 Amps ± 1 Amps
- Output Power- 760 Watts. Rated Capacity- 950 VA; Efficiency (Battery Mode) > 80%
- Warranty 2 years
- Package Includes: Luminous 1500VA ECO Watt + Rapid 1650 UPS
- Maximum Power Consumption: 916 watts - 966 watts; Recommended Battery Capacity: 120 Ah - 150Ah
- Inverter Type: Square wave output ensuring the safety of your appliances
This was our hand-picked list of best inverters that you can currently buy in India. In case if you are not happy with our picks and you want to do your own research or if you want more options, just search here. You will get more inverters that you can easily compare the features and pricing and choose the one that best meets your needs and requirements.
Important Safety Measures While Using Inverters
As the inverter is an electric appliance, there are certain safety measures that you need to be very careful while using and operating an inverter. Here are some of the things you should be careful with inverters in your house:
- The inverter should be placed on the flat surface, either vertically or horizontally as given in the invertor’s user manual (do read that properly).
- Make sure that the inverter is placed in a cool and dry place. It should be kept away from moisture and water. Don’t place it directly under sunlight.
- While operating the inverter, make sure the inverter is switched off and it is disconnected from the power cord. Also, do not operate it using wet hands.
- An Inverter should be kept in a well-ventilated place, also, keep it clean from time to time. Make sure it is not reachable to the small kids or children in the house.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is an inverter?
An inverter is used as a power backup to power up the home appliances such as lights, fans, etc. when there is a power cut. The inverters are very useful in those places where there are frequent electricity cut-outs.
How does inverter works?
Inverter plays various roles in the whole process. It charges the battery and also it alters you when there is an overload or if the battery needs charging. But the main function of the inverter is to convert the DC power to AC and supplying the power to the home appliances when there is a power cut.
What is a solar inverter and how it works?
The solar inverter works exactly the same was as normal inverters. The only difference here is it uses solar power to charge the battery, for this, you need to install a solar panel as well and rest works the same. It supplies electricity when there is a power cut.
Which are the best inverter brands in India?
Which are the best batteries for inverters in India?
The battery is the important component of the inverter. You need to have a good quality battery that lasts longer gives the best performance. You can check our list of best batteries for inverters in India.
What is the normal life of an inverter battery?
It actually depends on the type of battery you purchase. The life of the battery varies from 2-6 years whereas flat plate battery gives the lowest battery life. Tabular batteries are known for giving the best battery life. Also, it depends on the usages.
Can I run ACs or refrigerators using inverters?
Though you can run any home appliances using inverters. But as refrigerators and ACs consume more power, you need a very high-capacity battery to run these appliances. Still, you can run these appliances for a long time.
My inverter is beeping continuously, what’s the reason?
There are generally two reasons when an inverter gives such notifications or makes such beeping noises. Either the battery is down and needs charging or there is an overload. To stop these beeping noises, shut down some of the devices running on inverter.
This concludes our list of top inverters that you can currently buy in India and also the buying guide. Here we tried our best to give you all the information you need to make an informed decision while buying an inverter for your home.
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API