Planning to buy a room heater, here’s our list of top 10 best room heaters in India, reviews and buying guide, only the best options available currently.
Winter has just started in India and we all are loving it. But, during December and January, winter becomes really harsh especially if you are in the northern part of the country. Room heaters are an excellent way to raise the temperature of your room so that you can live comfortably and can do all your works without any problem.
If you want to chill during winter, you should have a good quality room heater along with the geyser (water heater) (these two are the must-have appliances during winter) or also you can use an Immersion rod water heater to get the hot water during the winter. Though it’s not that difficult to buy one of the best room heaters in India, as the market gets flooded with the different types of water heaters during the winter.
Having so many options available in the market may sometime confuse the buyers as which one to choose. In case if you also want to buy one of the best room heaters for your house and not able to decide which one you should buy, you don’t need to worry now. Here we will bring you the top 10 best room heaters that are currently available in India.
Why our list of best room heaters in India?
- Our list of best room heaters in India is not just based on our personal opinions or on user’s reviews but they are directly based on their sales number. Yes, you got it, they are also the best-selling room heaters online in India.
- Being the bestselling room heaters simply means that they are tried and tested. Hundreds and thousands of people are using these room heaters in different parts of the country. So, you can also buy any of these room heaters in India.
- When you choose to buy one of the best room heaters in India listed here, you actually buy a good quality room heater and also you will get the best value for your money. So, go ahead and choose a room heater that India trusts.
Types of Room Heaters
Room heaters (also known as space heaters) can be majorly categorized into three types depending on their heating technologies. You need to have this information while going to buying a room heater. Here are the types of room heaters:
Conventional room heaters or fan heaters use fans to distribute the heat in the room. In this, the heat is generated from converting the electric energy to heat energy and then the heat is distributed with the built-in fan inside. Conventional rooms heaters are really inexpensive and provide better coverage and are also safe inside the room.
These heaters use infrared technology to produce heat and thus this is also known as “Infrared Heaters”. This type of heaters directly transfers the heat to the people or other surrounding objects. Though this is not that inexpensive as compared with the conventional room heaters but the low noise level and high energy efficiency make for it. This is ideally suited for heating/warming small rooms only.
Having higher energy efficiency and effectiveness, the oil-filled heaters are getting really popular these days. The oil inside the body of the heater absorbs the heat and serves as a heat reservoir, hence circulating the heat. Don’t get confused that it works with oil as a fuel, it is an electric room heater only. They are best suited for when heating large rooms and also they are low in noise. The only drawback is that they are a bit expensive.
Top 10 Best Room Heaters In India 2021
Here we go with our list of top 10 best room heaters in India in 2021. These are the best options currently available in the market. Also, as we keep updating the list on a regular basis, here you will always find the best and latest model currently available. We recommend bookmarking this page so that you can come back here at any time when you need to buy the best room heater in India.
Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater (White)
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft. 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for long life
- Ideal for a small / medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at 2000 watt heat setting. Makes some noise due to fan. Body Material: Plastic, Metal
- Refer the wattage chart image for locating heater wattage requirement for your room size
- Plug type: 15A, do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket, you may require a 3 pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15A convertor but can not be used for long time with extension cord
- Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element, Safety cut-off, Overheat Protection
Amazon Brand - Solimo 2000-Watt Room Heater (ISI certified, White colour, Ideal for small to medium room/area)
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating and can be used vertically or horizontally (kindly refer to images)
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your room heater for the 1st time. This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent usage. If it does, please contact our Customer support
- Caution - Always use the product with 16A socket. Using it on lower rating sockets may result in melting of socket or the plug. This is 2 KW heater. It will consume 2 units per hour when operated on high heat setting.
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty. For warranty claim, please contact us on: [1800-419-0416]
- Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for small to medium sized room; Product can be placed both vertically and horizontally (kindly refer to images)
Usha Quartz Room Heater (3002) 800-Watt with Overheating Protection (Ivory)
- Meant for Spot Heating; Voltage/Frequency: 230V/50Hz/1 Phase
- Room Size: Upto 150 sq ft; Ideal for a small room only, i.e., up to 120 sq. ft. Touch Sensor: No
- Safety tip over switch cuts off the heater in case it tilts or falls; Powder coated finish to prevent corrosion
- Designed for low power consumption; There are two heating positions to suit your comfort
- Customer Care Number: 18001033111; Warranty: 1 year on product; Power: 400 and 800 watts
Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt Fan Heater (Grey)
- Meant for Spot Heating; Safety Mesh Grill; 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for longer life
- Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft
- Ideal for a small/medium sized room only. Makes some noise due to fan
- Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element
- Safety cut-off , Auto-revolving Heater , Overheat Protection , Touch Sensor
Bajaj Blow Hot 2000 Watts Fan Forced Circulation Room Heater
- Two heat settings - 1000W/2000W
- Compact design
- Easy for mobility and automatic thermal cutout for safety
Orient Electric Areva FH20WP 2000/1000 Watts Fan Room Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (White)
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Upto 180 sq ft
- Motor: Full copper motor for durability. Body Material: ABS Plastic
- Adjustable Thermostat: Two heating modes- 1000W & 2000W
- 1.3 m power cord: Long cord assists in easy manoeuvring
- Bi-directional placement option: Horizontal or vertical mounting possible
Maharaja Whiteline Lava Neo 1200-Watt Halogen Heater (White and Red)
- Meant for Spot Heating
- Room Size: Upto 150 sq ft
- Convenient, efficient, shock proof, 180 degrees rotation and ISI certified
- 3 heat settings, 3 halogen rods
- Warranty: 2 years on product
Bajaj RHX-2 800-Watt Room Heater
- Efficient Warmth: Ideal for use in in small rooms, this noiseless 800 Watts heater provides instant heating during winters. Effective Cord Length (in meters) 1.5
- Personalized Comfort: Customize to your heating needs with two heat settings (500 W/ 1000 W)
- Peace of Mind: Featuring dual safety device: Tip over switch against tilting and a Thermal fuse
- Reliable & Safe: Our room heaters are dependable and they also come with a 2 Year warranty
Bajaj Flashy 1000 Watts Radiant Room Heater (Steel)
- Radiant Warmth: Ideal for use in in small rooms, this 1000 Watts heater provides instant heating during winters. Heating Element Type - Wire wound on refractory rod
- Personalized Comfort: Customize to your heating needs with an adjustable thermostat. Body Material:-CRCA
- Peace of Mind: Featuring cotton braided cord for safety and Nickel Chromium Plated mesh grid for effective heating, Neat & Clean Operation
- Reliable & Safe: Our room heaters are dependable and they also come with a 2 Year warranty
- Cord Length:1.5 meters ,Cord Type:Cotton Braided ; Rated Voltage: 230 V ; Cord Plug Material: Molded PP filled ; Coating Type: Powder
Lifelong LLFH02 Flare-X 2000 Watt Fan Room Heater, White (ISI Certified, Home Service Available)
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating and can be used vertically or horizontally.
- Adjustable thermostat setting for temperature control
- Cool, Warm or Hot wind selection knob for heat setting
- Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for small to medium sized room
- Built-in overheating protection;Power: 2000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts, 1 year warranty
These were our pick for best room heaters that you can currently buy in India. You can buy any of these, as of these are best-sellers online. In case if you want more options, just search here. You will get the curated list of more room heaters that you can compare the features vs pricing, can go through the reviews of existing users and then you can take your decision as per your needs and requirements.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Room Heater
It looks much easier to choose one of the best room heaters in India but it’s not the case. You need to consider many things when choosing the best from the options available. Here are some of the things that you should look for when buying a room heater.
During the winter, room heaters and water heaters are the most used electrical appliances and they tend to use lots of electricity. When you are buying a room heater, you need to consider the electricity consumption as this is going to add to your electricity bill. Make sure you choose an electric room heater that consumes less electricity and most importantly is sufficient for your room, do not buy overcapacity room heater.
There are some room heaters that make lots of noise, the noise is really irritating when you use the room heater during the night or when there is complete silence in the room. This is one of the most important deciding factors when you choose to buy one of the best room heaters for your home in India. It worth considering this point.
You may not require the same temperature all the time in your room. When it is not that cold, you may just need to raise a bit of temperature and when it is very cold you need to raise a temperature a bit more. Thus, you need to have these heat settings.
It’s very important to choose the right capacity room heater. If it has low capacity, it may not be able to heat the room properly or if it is over capacity it will consume more electricity. So choose the best room heater as per your room size.
The electric room heaters deal with electricity and heat and thus it should have the safety features to avoid mishappenings if things go wrong. Check if the room heater has the internal switch that switches off the room heater in case if it gets overheated.
Energy efficiency is one of the most important things that you need to consider when buying any electric appliances for your home. Here the efficiency simply means the electricity it consumes to generate the heat in the room. When buying one of the best room heaters in India, make sure it’s energy-efficient.
Auto On-Off Feature
This is one of the features that you will definitely need in your room heater. Having the auto on-off feature, the room heater automatically gets switched off when the room has reached the temperature set and it gets automatically switch on when the temperature goes below the set level. It’s the must-have feature or you need to do this manually.
Size and Weight
Size and weight of the room heater also matter, having the smaller form factor and lighter in weight, you can easily move the room heater to one room to another or from one place to another. Consider the size of the room heater as per the size of your room.
Cord Length & Quality
Cord quality and length also matter you may require to place the room heater far from the power supply and thus the cord should have enough length. Also, as the room heater is a powerful appliance the cord quality should be good or it may get burn.
Price & Warranty
Last but not least, the price, though it depends on your budget, we suggest going with a branded room heater. You will not only get the quality built and design that you can use your room heater for longer period of time but also you will get many safety features. With brands, you also get the warranty so if things go wrong, you will have the support from the manufacturer. Do check the warranty terms and conditions carefully.
Safety Tips When Using Room Heaters
Room heaters are made as safe as possible but it is highly recommended that you follow some safety tips while using the room heater. You also need to go through the user manuals given by the manufacturer. Here are some safety tips that you can follow.
- Do not keep inflammable liquids like kerosene, gasoline, alcohol or paints near the room heater. Also, avoid keeping other items for example papers, cloths or other such things near room heater that can easily catch fire.
- Do not keep the room heater unattended for a long time, when not in use shut off the room heater. Also, if you have small kids in your house make sure the room heater is kept far away from the reach of the kids and children.
- Read the safety measures carefully that is provided in the user manual.
Room Heaters Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are the most common and frequently asked questions that many users ask on online forums when they choose to buy one of the best room heaters in India. We thought to answer these questions here to help you in making an informed decision.
Which is the best room heater in India?
It’s very difficult to choose the single best room heater in India as there are different models having different form factors and features. That’s the reason, we have listed above the top 10 best room heaters in India that you can buy currently.
Which are the best room heater brands in India?
There are many room heater brands in India, some are new and some are well known. Usha, Bajaj, Orpat, and Havells are some of the best room heater brands in India that you can trust if you are confused between choosing the best brands.
Is it safe to sleep all night with a heater on?
Although the room heaters are made as safe as possible; still we do not recommend sleeping all night with a heater on, you can use a blanket to keep you warm when you go to sleep. Leaving a room heater unattended is not recommended.
What’s the best room heater size that I should buy?
If you want to heat your room quickly, you can opt to go with a large room heater that has a high watt capacity. Again it all depends on your room size. Do note that higher capacity room heaters (high power) will also consume more electricity.
Is it safe to use a room heater in India?
Yes, it’s completely safe to use the room heaters in India. Though you need to go through the safety manuals given by the manufacturer and also you need to keep the room heater away from the kids in your house, there won’t be any issue using it.
Does a room heater produce Carbon monoxide?
Electric room heaters do not emit carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is released when you burn wood or fuels buy electric room heaters do not burn any of these. You can safely use an electric room heater without worrying about such things.
Are room heaters dangerous (bad for health)?
Room heaters usually do not affect health, they may create dryness in the room and you may also feel dryness in your skin and eyes, etc. Still, we suggest avoiding a room heater if the temperature (cold) is manageable or when you go to sleep.
Is it safe to buy room heaters online in India?
Yes, it’s completely safe to buy room heaters online in India from trusted sellers. In case if you get the faulty product, you can get the replacement. Also, when buying online, you get more options and better pricing and discounts as well.
Now that we have come to the end of our list of best room heaters in India in 2021 and also the room heater buying guide. We hope that you have got all the details and information you need to buy the best room heater for your home. You can choose from our list given above that only includes the bestselling models that many people are already using or you can do the research yourself, the buying guide will come handy.
Last update on 2021-04-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API