Here are the top 10 best wi-fi routers in India for both office and home usage. Check out our reviews and buyer’s guide before making your decision.
We are surrounded by smart devices or smart appliances in our daily life. What makes these appliances smart is “internet connectivity”. So, if you want to make most out of these smart appliances in your house or in your office, you need to have a Wi-Fi Internet connection. To connect all the devices and appliances with your internet connection, you should have a good quality Wi-Fi Router setup in your house or in your office.
Having a Wi-Fi router set up in your house, you can connect all the smart devices and smart appliances with the internet. You can connect the kitchen appliances, ACs and many other and of course smartphones, laptops and televisions. Do note: You still need the internet to connect to work with the WiFi router to connect all the devices and appliances with the internet. In case if you want to buy a WiFI router, here in this post, we have hand-picked the best Wi-Fi Routers that you can currently buy in India.
Why our list of best Wi-Fi Routers in India?
- Our list of best Wi-Fi Routers in India is not just based on our personal opinions and on user reviews but in fact, they are directly based on their sales number. Yes, you got it correctly, these are also the best-selling WiFi routers in India.
- Being the bestselling routers simply means these routers are being used and trusted by hundreds and thousands of users in India. These are tried and tested routers and you will not go wrong when you choose to buy any of these models.
- When you choose to buy one of the bestselling WiFi routers in India, you actually buy a quality WiFi router that you can use for years and also you will get the best value for your money. Go ahead and choose the Wi-Fi router that India trust.
You can buy a good quality WiFi router from some of the top brands in India, which will help you connect all your smart devices with high-speed internet. Though, choosing the best from the available options might become difficult especially for someone who is not that tech-savvy. But, you don’t need to worry now. In case if you are also not sure which one you should buy or what all you should be looking in the best WiFi Router in India, we have given a quick buying guide at the end of this post along with the top 10 best Wifi routers that are currently available in the Indian market.
Top 10 Best Wi-Fi Routers In India 2021
Here we go with our list of top 10 best Wi-Fi Routers in India for 2021. We keep updating this list, so here you will always find the latest and best routers that are currently available in India. We recommend bookmarking this page so that you can come back here at any time when you need to buy a new Wi-Fi router for your home or office.
- Performance —— 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Guest Network —— provides separate access for guests while securing the home network
- IPv6 —— compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6)
- 300Mbps Wireless Speed — 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming. Power : 9 V ⎓ 0.6 A
- Antenna — Three antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability
- Encryption — Easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi with up to 300Mbps Speed, Ideal for video streaming and web browsing. ROM : 16MB Nor Flash
- 4 High-performance antenna for better speed & coverage
- Control your network from Anywhere, Anytime with help of Mi Wi-Fi app
- Dual Band WiFi speed —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300 Mbps and 5GHz 867 Mbps connections for 1200 Mbps of total available bandwidth; supports 802.11ac standard
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi —— 4 external antennas and one internal antenna provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage
- Qualcomm Chipset —— High-Performance Chipset provides an excellent connection experience
- 750 Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth. WiFi Range : 2 Bedroom Houses (3× Fixed Antennas)
- Antennas —— 3 external antennas provide stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- Working Modes —— Router Mode, Access Point Mode, Range Extender Mode.
- Compatible with ISP input of RJ 45 ( Not compatible with RJ-11 input such as MTNL/BSNL/TATA/AIRTEL RJ-11 connection.) SDRAM : 8MB
- Get upto 300 Mbps reliable and affordable Wi-Fi connection ( 2.4Ghz frequency band ). PPPoE: Yes
- Share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, and media players from greater distances around a small home or apartment.( 450 sq ft )
- Internet connect with wired and wireless devices
- Multiple operator modes: Router/AP/Repeater/Client/WISP client
- Web browser based setup and configuration
- AC-1200 with 1.2Gbps of speed / 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11AC. Dynamic IP (DHCP) : Yes
- WEP, WPA/WPA-2(Personal / Enterprise), WPS, Easy network management at your fingertips with D-Link Wi-F- APP.
- Dual band with 2.4GHz band (300mbps) and the 5GHz band (867mbps)
- AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi —— 867 Mbps at 5 GHz and 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz band
- MU-MIMO Technology —— Simultaneously transfers data to multiple devices for 2× faster performance
- Boosted Coverage —— Four external antennas equipped with Beamforming technology extend and concentrate the Wi-Fi signals
- 300Mbps Wireless Speed — 300Mbps wireless transmission rate ideal for both bandwidth sensitive tasks and basic work
- Antenna — Two antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability
- Encryption — Security protocols protect your home network with firewalls and wireless encryption
So, these were our hand-picked list of best WiFi Routers that you can currently buy in India. You can choose the one that best suits your requirements. And, if you want more options, just search here. You will get the curated list of more Wi-Fi routers that are best in the segment. You can compare the features and pricing and also you can go through the existing user’s review and then you can take your buying decision.
Things To Look For In The Best Wi-Fi Routers In India
The availability of so many options from different brands may confuse you especially if you are not that much tech-savvy. Though you can choose to buy one of the best Wi-Fi Routers in India listed above, here’s the quick buying guide if you want to do all sorts of research yourself or choosing the best one from the list above.
Router’s WiFi Standard
Things are getting faster and faster these days, internet connectivity is also no exception. When buying one of the best WiFi routers in India, the most important thing that you need to consider is the WiFi standard. The latest Wifi standard is 802.11 ac, this allows a transfer speed of around 1.3 Gbps. This is the best possible you can get as of now, it allows you to transfer data faster and makes it possible for you to connect a number of devices to the wifi router. Do not choose the WiFi router that has older WiFi standards for example 801.11 ‘b’ or ‘g’, they transfer data at 30 Mbps only. Also, the standard ‘n’ provides you with transfer data at 600 Mbps at the most. So check the WiFi standard very carefully.
The wireless frequency of the router determines the strength of the connectivity to multiple devices. These days, you will find the two most common frequency standards 2.4GZh and 5GZh. For better connectivity choose the one that has 5GZh wireless frequency. It will connect to multiple devices with minimum disturbance.
This is again one of the most important factors when choosing one of the best Wi-Fi Routers in India. Router speed determines the internet speed of your devices. You can choose to go with the latest models having max speed. Do note that for maximum speed, you need to pay a bit more. The cheapest one generally offers 300Mbps speed, which might be sufficient for many. But, if you want more speed (if you like to download large files) you can choose the wifi router with 600 or 4kMbps speed.
Number of Antenna & Range
The range of WiFi routers depends on various factors. One of those factors is the number of antenna and their range. If you are buying the WiFi router for a small room or office you can choose to go with 2 antenna. But, if you are going to use it in the large house or on multiple floors, choose the one having 4 antennae. Though the range is also affected by the obstacles in its way for example walls and doors.
Ports, Security, and Other Features
There are a few other things also that you must consider when buying the best Wi-Fi router for your home or office. The number of ports could be one of the factors, choose the one as per your requirement. But the most important thing that you need to consider here is the security features so that your internet connection can not be misused by others. You can look for the notification light, they become really useful sometimes.
Wi-Fi Routers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Here are some of the most common and frequently asked questions that most of the users ask when they go for buying one of the best Wi-Fi Routers in India. Check these answers, it will help you in making an informed decision when buying a router.
Which is the best WiFi Router in India for home use?
You can check our list of top 10 best Wi-Fi routers in India given above. You can choose any of the given routers for home usage in India. You can compare the features and choose the number of the antenna as per your needs and requirements.
Which company WiFi router is best in India?
You can choose the best Wi-Fi Routers from different brands in India. D-Link, TP-Link, Tenda are some of the top WiFI Router brands in India that you can trust. Within these brands, you can choose the models that best fit your needs and requirements.
Does a Fiber Internet connection require a different type of router?
Usually, you do not need a special type of router for a Fiber Internet connection. Ensure that your router has the RJ-45 Ethernet ports also known as WAN ports in your routers. Most of the wireless routers have this port available these days.
What is the difference between a modem and a router?
Many people confuse that both modem and router are the same but it’s not true. Both are completely different devices. Routers allow multiple devices to join the same network. However, to access the internet, it is necessary for the router to connect to a modem.
Is it safe to buy Wi-Fi Routers online in India?
Yes, it’s completely safe to buy Wi-Fi routers online in India. In fact, you can just click on the links given above and can buy the Wi-Fi routers that best match your requirements. There’s the refund policy as well, you can replace the product if needed.
Now that we have come to the end of our guide, we have that you have got all the details and information you need to choose and buy one of the best Wi-Fi routers in India. Also, as we have given the best-selling models in our list above (which only features the most trusted Wi-Fi Routers in India) so you can choose from the list easily and in case if you want to do a bit of research yourself, our quick guide will come handy.
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API